Thursday, March 30, 2006

When Is It Right To Write?

You like the clever use of homonyms, don't you? Don't deny it. And to the guy in the back that replied, "You're a homonym!" I think you misunderstand what that word means. Regardless, I appreciate the input.


So, here I am again, sitting in front of a keyboard with an undeniable urge to write something mixed with an equally strong sense of hesitance due to feeling as if I have nothing compelling to say. Maybe it's a glimmer of perfectionism hidden deep within mountains of apathy and laziness. Maybe it's just that I feel anything I have to say has already been said by someone else, and probably in a more interesting and coherent way. Maybe I'm just crazy. Either way, I have not been able to actually start and finish any kind of writing in my free time in a while.


But, why not? I get some enjoyment out of meandering on whatever topic and then waiting a few months for someone to accidentally see what I wrote and reply angrily. So why should I suppress my urges to babble on just because every thought won't be meaningful, deep and groundbreaking? I'm sure even Shakespeare, Hemingway, Mark Twain and the other greats wrote crap that they found to be sub par. And who cares if I say something that's already been said? After all, there have been about 7,896,246 songs about shaking butts in this year alone. Seriously though, how can that well not be completely dried up already? I figured Sir Mix-A-Lot covered every base when he released "I Like Big Butts" but I've been proven horribly wrong ever since.


Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm going to try to write again, compelling material or not. And since there's very little chance anyone reads this, I suppose there was absolutely no sense in even announcing my intentions. And with that, I am done. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home